By Natan Edelsburg, The Drum11 October 2016
Marvel's Luke Cage and has already been picked up for two more seasons as it takes over as the most popular digital series. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
"Parrot Analytics tracks viewership data for Netflix properties since the streaming service does not release such information. Parrot calculates these ratings by looking at a variety of data that includes actual streaming numbers and even social media chatter — but that which is only positive." ScreenrantFor September 29th -October 5th, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Marvel's Luke Cage, Netflix: 50,287,303
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 16,742,770
- Narcos, Netflix: 8,691,420
- Longmire, Netflix: 7,784,738
- Marvel's Jessica Jones, Netflix: 6,589,368
Insights from Parrot:
- After its premiere on September 30th, Marvel's latest series Luke Cage overtook Stranger Things to become the most popular digital original series, with more than 3 times the average demand of the former champion.
- Though it premiered on September 23rd, Netflix's latest season of Longmire has slightly less demand than the still-popular Narcos, which was released at the beginning of the month.
- Marvel's Jessica Jones rose into the top five for the first time in several months, likely boosted by the popularity of its sister show Luke Cage.
|infographic - click for bigger view|
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit the Parrot Analytics website.