Thursday, January 20, 2011

Marlon Wayans on playing Richard Pryor

Marlon Wayans IS playing Richard Pryor. The Los Angeles Times did an article about Marlon taking the role. Below is an excerpt.

When it was announced that Marlon Wayans and not Eddie Murphy would be portraying Richard Pryor in the long-discussed biopic of the comedy giant, the news was greeted with Internet jeering. Wayans wasn't surprised when he read the disparaging comments -- you can't hang your star on films like "White Chicks" and "Little Man" without consequences.

Read the entire article at the link here

In my previous post this is what I said-

Cool Black's Mad Commentary: I think Marlon is one of the most (if not THE most) talented of the vast Wayans clan. I've seen him do drama (Requiem for a Dream) and he was pretty good. I would like to see what he does with the role.

No comments: